Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Millville, DE 19967
The Lifeguard is responsible for providing a safe and fun environment for all participants utilizing the aquatic facility.
WTS International is providing a seasonal bonus for candidates who are onboarded and employed through the end of labor day summer season! a $200 bonus is available for employees who fulfill this requirement!
• Ensure safety of all swimmers by preventative measures and minimizing hazardous situations.
• Enforcement of all pool rules and regulations in a polite and courteous manner.
• Provide quick response to emergency situations in water/deck area.
• Conduct ongoing maintenance: adjust feeders when necessary, check operations of pump and flow meter, vacuum pool, wash down deck and pump room, clean stainless steel and filters, record pool readings, etc.
• Be knowledgeable on all aquatic information and programming.
• Display a professional appearance with appropriate dress/uniform.
• Is timely and punctual when reporting to work.
• Ensure the aquatic area is safe, clean and orderly.
• Other duties as assigned
• High school education or comparable work experience
• Valid CPR certification
• Valid standard First Aid certification
• Valid Lifeguard certification from the American Red Cross
• Certified Pool Operator certificate
• Effective leadership skills and a strong work ethic
• Excellent customer service skills
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
• Able to show initiative and make decisions, must be able to trouble shoot and anticipate problems
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude towards job and facility
• Maintain a character of professionalism and confidence, with a tactful ability to communicate with participants.
• Demonstrate the ability to cooperate and work with others.
• Demonstrate consistent integrity, dependability, responsibility and be able to meet deadlines.
• Possess effective verbal/written communication and expression.
• Adaptable and flexible under stressful and/or unusual situations.
• Ability to sit for long periods
• Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
• This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.
Region/City: Millville, DE
Compensation: $12/ hour
- of Openings: 8
External Company URL: www.wtsinternational.com