Sr. Solutions Specialist - IBM MQ/IIB/DP
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dover, DE 19904
Requisition Number J17\-0125
Title Sr\. Solutions Specialist \- IBM MQ/IIB/DP
Description \\ Telecommute \\
\\ Location open to any US based city \\
You’ve worked hard to get to where you are and want to work alongside people who’ve done the same\. You’re looking to be challenged and to grow professionally, and you want to be valued and recognized for your contributions\. Sirius Computer Solutions agrees\.
As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35\-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally\. We deliver best\-of\-breed IT solutions from the world’s top technology innovators, including Cisco, Citrix, CommVault, Dell, EMC, Hitachi, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, VMware, and many more\. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today\.
We have an immediate opportunity for a talented professional with strong development experience around IIB and MQ to join our growing full\-time consulting team\. This role can be based out of most major cities in the US, and offers the opportunity to work from home when not at client sites\.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides technical team leadership and technical guidance to a project’s technical team by carrying out the following responsibilities:
• Assigns analysis, design, and development tasks to team members
• Coordinates all technical team responsibilities such as installation, configuration, development, deployment, and support of user testing
• Provides installation, configuration, requirements gathering, application design, development, documentation, testing, and support to our clients via services delivery, including \(but not limited to\):
• Develops technical and conceptual specifications in support of the overall application design
• Develops data related files
• Develops data conversion applications
• Develops interfaces to other application systems
• Tests applications for data integrity, performance, and usability
• Documents completed application development, installation, and configuration work for the client
• Maintains technical specifications throughout the development process
• Installs, configures, and/or administering application servers such as WebSphere
• Reviews and understands all assigned Statement of Work \(SOW\) prior to services delivery
• Communicates status of engagement to customer, Sirius’ Services management, and Sirius rep as appropriate during engagement
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
• At least five \(5\) years Information Technology experience, to include development experience with IBM Integration BUS \(IIB\) and IBM MQ
Other Position Requirements \-
• Demonstrated knowledge of WebSphere MQ and IBM Integration Bus \(formerly WebSphere Message Broker\) cluster setup and configuration
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot using a variety of resources
• Ability to accurately estimate work effort and deliver to that estimate
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
• Experience installing and administering WebSphere MQ into Windows and Linux environments
• Experience installing and administering IBM Integration Bus \(IIB\) into Windows and Linux environments
• Experience installing and administering WebSphere Application Server \(WAS\) into Windows and Linux environments
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis\.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity\. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug\-free workplace; and participates in E\-Verify\.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre\-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug\-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act\.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility\.