Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
At Chemours, our purpose is to help create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through the power of chemistry!
The Chemours Titanium Technologies Product Development Organization located in Wilmington, Delaware, has a Polymer Scientist position available. This is an important role within our research organization. This Polymer Scientist will play a leading role in the commercialization of new titanium dioxide and related technologies for the plastics industry. The successful candidate will be part of a team with focus on commercializing novel titanium dioxide technologies that bring new properties to a wide variety of plastic compositions and applications. The successful applicant will be a part of cross functional team, which includes marketing, sales, operations and other members of R&D and has the goal of developing novel titanium dioxide and related technologies/materials to drive business growth.
The successful candidate will have experience in many aspects of plastics compounding manufacturing including; extrusion compounding of plastics, rheology and physical properties of filled polymer systems, and plastics testing. He/she must have strong customer interfacing skills and the flexibility to work independently while maintaining a highly collaborative team environment.
- Lead product development efforts in the Titanium Technologies business
- Plan and conduct experiments to generate new candidate titanium dioxide and adjacent materials relevant to the plastics industry with a particular emphasis on Statistical Design of Experiments
- Organize and develop appropriate testing of candidate materials according to relevant industry parameters
- Support commercialization efforts by working with project managers, peers and technicians to address performance of composites containing titanium dioxide and related compounds
- Identify resources and opportunities to improve data output and expand technologies into new end uses
- Work with business personnel to develop and understand value propositions for internally developed technologies
- Utilize knowledge of the plastics industry to assist multifunctional teams in addressing unmet needs
- Interface with customers, suppliers and plant personnel as appropriate
- Maintain and/or further develop relationships with other relevant industry polymer, additive and/or equipment suppliers to further develop “win/win” situations
- Maintain and/or further develop partnerships with universities and/or institutes to assist in candidate titania materials idea generation as well as further enhance predictive testing capability
CHEMOURS DOES NOT SPONSOR INDIVIDUAL WORK VISA’S**
In order to be qualified for this role, you //must possess// the following:
- PhD in polymer science or polymer engineering.
- Knowledge and experience of the structure-property relationships of a broad range of polymer resin and blend/filled systems.
- Ability to supervise lab support personnel
- Ability to lead cross functional research team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent team player
- Experience in polymer extrusion compounding, especially of mineral filled systems.
- Broad general knowledge of plastics testing including mechanical, rheological, thermal, optical and environmental testing.
- Experience in project planning and management
Recent graduates and experienced polymer scientists will be considered.
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer.
Chemours is an E-Verify employer.
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation