Sr. Solutions Architect - Analytics Strategy
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dover, DE 19904
Requisition Number J17\-0111
Title Sr\. Solutions Architect \- Analytics Strategy
Description \\OPEN LOCATION W/ MIDWEST OR EAST COAST PREFERRED\\
You’ve worked hard to get to where you are and want to work alongside people who’ve done the same\. You’re looking to be challenged and to grow professionally, and you want to be valued and recognized for your contributions\. Sirius agrees\.
As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35\-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally\. We deliver best\-of\-breed IT solutions from the world’s top technology innovators, including Cisco, Citrix, CommVault, Dell, EMC, Hitachi, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, VMware, and many more\. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today\.
Sirius is looking for a Sr\. Analytics Strategy Solutions Architect to join our Data & Analytics Solutions team\. This is a full\-time, benefited role with us that can require an average of 50\-60% overnight travel\.
The primary purpose of this position is to plan and manage the delivery of software solutions through the following activities: developing customer relationships at the line of business level; initiating and managing customer assessments, to include evaluating customer strategy; solution selling; project planning, estimating, executing, and tracking; with the end goal of successfully implementing the overall solution deliverables\.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Initiates and/or manages the planning and strategy of multiple consulting projects with analytics as a product, providing proactive control of schedule, budget, and completion criteria, with the majority of work done in a billable capacity
• Facilitates relationships between Sirius and the customer, evaluating customer strategy, and creating and executing new sales, taking responsibility for maintaining a high level of satisfaction
• Provides pre\-sales support, meeting with potential customers, engaging in contextual line of business discussions, identifying solution opportunities for their business challenges, and describing our solutions and project approach
• Partners with those functional line of business areas, along with vendors and partners, in defining solution/project priorities, scope approach, resource requirements, timing, deliverables, and funding
• Assists with writing contracts for software consulting services, helping with the coordination of estimation and document creation
• Prepares and presents accurate Statements of Work \(SOW\) estimates for deployment and development projects
• Provides overall leadership and direction to the project team
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
• At least seven \(7\) years of experience working on analytics development projects in a technical leadership role to include four \(4\) years of directly leading technical projects, products and/or programs, and at least two \(2\) years of presales experience
Other Position Requirements:
• Demonstrated experience in successful assessments and delivery of multi\-million dollar enterprise\-size, complex multi\-platform projects
• Experience with both software implementation and software development projects
• Demonstrated background forming and managing geographically disbursed teams
• Demonstrated consulting experience, including experience writing statements of work \(SOW\), creating proposals, and responding to RFIs/RFPs
• Demonstrated experience successfully using SCRUM/Agile methodology
• Experience managing projects using the full analytics lifecycle development model
• Demonstrated understanding in the areas of application programming, database, and system design
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated conflict resolution, problem solving, investigation, and negotiation skills
• Experience with projects involving Tableau, Hortonworks, Cloudera, and/or Big Insights solutions
• Experience with projects involving IBM, Microsoft, and/or SAP software solutions
• Finance, Retail, and/or Insurance industry experience
• IT and/or Business Process Management experience
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis\.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive\.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity\. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug\-free workplace; and participates in E\-Verify\.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre\-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug\-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act\.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility\.