Tech Labs Cyber Security R&D Consultant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Title: Tech Labs Cyber Security R&D Consultant
Job Number: 00448369
Implement and execute projects within the security R&D group.
Build on ideas and directions provided by leads and stakeholders in order to achieve high quality deliverables. Build on concepts in a very dynamic environment and be seen as highly differentiated technology expert within the cyber security domain.
Actively participate in the cyber security research and technology community by building relationships and serving as a security expert when working with clients or client teams.
Act as a Subject Matter Expert in area of expertise
• Participate in projects as a representative within a functional, technical or industry area of expertise
• Discuss issues or trends within area of expertise to raise client and/or Accenture awareness
• Act as a contributor in medium critical situations, either internally for Accenture or at client engagement(s) pertaining to a functional, technical or business area of expertise
Contribute to assets/offerings and thought leadership
• Actively contribute to Accenture points of view, Knowledge Exchange, discussion boards, etc.
• Act as a mentor or coach to junior people to help grow the next generation of innovators and thought leaders
Enhance Accenture’s marketplace reputation
• Work confidently with internal networks and other opinion formers on key issues of relevance to business
• Demonstrate expertise internally (e.g. presentations for internal audiences, participates in community of practice, etc.)
• Build deep relationships with the engineering teams in the partner organizations
• Actively contribute to the technology community and progressively establish him/herself as a technology expert
Execute R&D Agenda and Team
• Establish engineering standards and best practices in their respective teams; Understand and apply software development best practices
• Supervise and mentor more junior developers to successfully complete their responsibilities and assist with career progression
• Build prototypes – bringing concepts to initial implementations – including design, coding to testing
• Apply and reshape prototypes in pioneering engagements based on clients’ needs and drive toward successful deployment in the clients’ IT environment
• Continuously learn new technology areas that are mission-aligned to the R&D group
· BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science or related field
· 2 years of experience in working with data-intensive software projects
· 2 years of experience with data storage technologies (RDBMS such as MySQL, SQL Server; NoSQL e.g. Cassandra and MongoDB)
· 2 years of experience with Programming/scripting languages (e.g. Java, Scala, Python, etc.)
· 2 years of Graph Database experience (e.g. Neo4J)
· Batch processing frameworks: e.g. Spark
· Distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
· Experience with Linux/Unix
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Self-starter with an aptitude for learning new technologies
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.