Solutions Specialist - Development Operations (DevOps)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dover, DE 19904
Requisition Number J17\-0008
Title Solutions Specialist \- Development Operations \(DevOps\)
Description You’ve worked hard to get to where you are and want to work alongside people who’ve done the same\. You’re looking to be challenged and to grow professionally, and you want to be valued and recognized for your contributions\. Sirius Computer Solutions agrees\.
As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35\-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally\. We deliver best\-of\-breed IT solutions from the world’s top technology innovators, including Cisco, Citrix, CommVault, Dell, EMC, Hitachi, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, VMware, and many more\. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today\.
We’re looking for a DevOps Solutions Specialist to join the Sirius team\. This role can require overnight travel an average of 75%\.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide software development, application administration, or database administration solutions and support to our clients\. This position may also participate in activities such as installing, deploying, configuring, programming, testing, and documentation\.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides software development, application administration, or database administration solutions to clients
• Develops technical and conceptual specifications in support of the overall solution
• Develops data related files
• Develops data conversion applications
• Develops interfaces to other application systems
• Tests applications, application server environments, or databases for data integrity, performance, and usability
• Documents completed technical work for clients
• Maintains technical specifications throughout a project
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
• At least three \(3\) years’ Development Operations \(DevOps\) and/or IT Engineering experience, to include mainframe administration
Other Position Requirements:
• Experience with deployment automation, such as REXX, CList, JCL, JES2, ISPF, and/or command line scripting
• Experience developing software solutions to support DevOps tooling; including implementation of bug fixes, feature enhancements, and content updates
• Experience participating in the full systems lifecycle with solution design, development, implementation, and product support using Scrum and other Agile practices
• Experience as a member of a technical project team, from design through delivery
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and identify potential problems and make appropriate changes as necessary
• Demonstrated ability to create technical documentation
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
• Experience with zLinux Server setup, configuration, and support
• Experience with the setup, maintenance, and administration of application lifecycle management \(ALM\) tools such as Rational Team Concert, UrbanCode Server, or Rational Developer for z
• Experience installing and configuring IBM Rational software onto a mainframe
• Experience with IBM Rational on z and/or open systems
• Experience with non\-IBM ALM solutions like HP ALM, Rally, Atlassian, Microsoft TFS, etc\.
• Experience with infrastructure CM solutions such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc\.
• Experience with build, deploy, and continuous integration automation solutions such as Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc\.
• Experience with binary repository solutions such as Artifactory, Nexus, etc\.
• Experience with cloud solutions such as AWS, Azure, SoftLayer, etc\.
• Experience in a consulting environment
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis\.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive\.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity\. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug\-free workplace; and participates in E\-Verify\.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre\-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug\-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act\.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility\.