Asset Protection Security Specialist - Delaware
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
PURPOSE:Assists with controlling loss and shrink by performing loss prevention related activities and monitoring loss prevention related policies and programs. Deters, detects and apprehends individuals committing thefts or other crimes at store level. Assists in other loss prevention related activities. Provides a safe and secure store environment for customers, associates and vendors. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with emphasis on fast, friendly, and excellent customer service.
- Monitors the checkout area of the store for consumer fraud, associate dishonesty and compliance with proper cash handling and cash register policies and procedures.
- Follows up on front-end exception report transactions.
- Observes customers throughout the store to monitor shrink control, safety and customer service.
- Apprehends shoplifters in accordance with state and local laws and Company policies. Prevents injuries to customers and associates.
- Cooperates with and responds to request by police departments, courts and other law enforcement agencies as directed by loss prevention management and in house counsel.
- Monitors the receiving and storage areas and conducts delivery audits to detect vendor fraud, associate dishonesty and compliance with proper receiving policies and procedures.
- Assists in the performance of loss prevention related inspections.
- Responds to electronic article surveillance alarms.
- Maintains the equipment related to loss prevention and physical security such as CCTV equipment, the electronic article surveillance equipment and the intrusion alarm system.
- Conducts inspections and audits to ensure compliance to all polices related to shrink control, cash handling and physical security. Documents all violations and communicates with Store Director and Loss Prevention management.
- Conducts investigations at the direction of the Loss Prevention management. Prepares and maintains proper documentation thereof.
- Communicates with and trains associates on loss prevention issues.
- Participates in store Safety Committee.
- Reports all incidents of unsafe store conditions and associate conduct to Store Director and Loss Prevention management.
- Takes immediate remedial action to remedy any imminent safety hazard.
- Reports any deficiencies in food safety and handling standard to Store Director and Loss Prevention management. Takes immediate remedial action whenever freshness or quality standards are not met.
- Monitors all Company policies and legal requirements re sales of merchandise, including but not limited to sale of tobacco and alcohol, use of WIC vouchers, associate purchases, refunds, coupons, shoplifting and loss prevention.
- Prevents the sale of unsafe or out of code products.
- Responsible for performing all job duties accurately, safely and with honesty and integrity.
- Represents the store in a positive manner to the customers and the public.
- Ability to be friendly, courteous, tactful and to maintain composure in dealing with customers and co-workers in a confrontational environment.
- Knowledge of Company loss prevention and interviewing policies and procedures. Basic knowledge of law enforcement.
- Ability to stand, sit or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to move quickly in case of emergencies.
- Must possess good oral communication skills. Ability to understand and follow instructions, deal with potentially difficult situations effectively and assertively. Ability to work as a team player. Ability to understand and accept instructions and to communicate with co-workers and the public.
- Ability to repair and maintain CCTV equipment and change out locks.
- Ability to analyze transactions recorded on cash registers and other point-of-sales equipment.
- Ability to prepare and maintain proper documentation for all interviews and investigations.
- Ability to identify situations that may require immediate attention or intervention and to react according to Company policies and procedures.
- Must possess mental alertness and basic mathematics skills and weights and measures.
- Complies with all Company policies including safety, loss prevention, attendance, grooming standards and dress codes.
- May be required to work nights, weekends and holidays. Scheduled hours will vary. Good attendance is required.
- Exposure to outdoors when conducting surveillance.
- Exposure to potential hazards exists while confronting or apprehending shoplifters.
- Various work conditions consist of a temperature controlled store and occasionally outdoors environment.
Title: Asset Protection Security Specialist – Delaware
Requisition ID: 64449