Bagger - Wilmington, DE Store 7826
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
PURPOSE: Provides courteous, efficient bagging, carry-out and general customer service to ensure customer service in an efficient, safe and courteous manner.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with emphasis on fast, friendly, and excellent customer service.
- Maintains a friendly and cooperative working relationship with co-workers and supervisors.
- Assists customers with product location, bagging orders and by offering and providing carry-out service.
- Verifies prices, returns merchandise from checkstand to shelves, obtains products as requested by customer or checker, retrieves shopping carts from parking lot, assures adequate supply of bags and processes bottle returns according to proper procedure.
- Keeps parking lot and customer areas clean. Responsible for maintaining Company cleanliness and safety standards in store aisles, entry ways, parking lot and restrooms and properly completing required work logs.
- Responsible for staying current on product location, new products, sales and promotions, and ensuring a safe and secure work area.
- Responsible for keeping checkstand area clean, neat and properly stocked.
- Performs other duties as required or directed, such as stocking, cleaning and rotating merchandise.
- Responsible for performing all job duties accurately, safely and with honesty and integrity.
- Represents the store in a positive manner to the customers and the public.
- Ability to be friendly, courteous, tactful and to maintain composure in dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Must possess good oral communication skills. Ability to understand and follow instructions and be a team player. Ability to understand and accept instructions and to communicate with co-workers and the public.
- Frequently reaches, lifts, stacks and maneuvers objects and weights up to approximately 55 lbs.
- Ability to do repetitious work safely and to operate front end equipment such as electric wheelchairs, motorized cart collecting devices, brooms, mops, carts and shovels.
- Ability to learn product location, proper bagging procedures and other Company customer service policies.
- Ability to identify situations that may require immediate attention or intervention and to react according to Company policies and procedures.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time, walk rapidly, bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are necessary. May climb ladders.
- Ability to work outside during all weather conditions to provide assistance to customers and to push and collect carts.
- Complies with all Company policies including safety, loss prevention, attendance, grooming standards and dress codes.
- Ability to present a positive image to the public.
- Other necessary and required duties.
- Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to equipment, tools and work aids necessary to perform job duties.
- Various work conditions consist of a temperature controlled store and an outdoors environment with varying temperatures.
Title: Bagger – Wilmington, DE Store 7826
Requisition ID: 49192